In no particular order (someday we’ll get around to alphabetizing them), here are some of our favorite people, places and things that we turn to on our quest for better…
- Danielle Walker, author of Against All Grain, really has a handles on removing the wheat without removing taste.
- Randi Zuckerberg, author of Dot Complicated, reminds us that we need to strike a life-tech balance and step away from our screen in order to be closer to what matters.
- Lisa Leake inspires us through her blog 100 Days of Real Food, proving that you really can eat better and even get your kids to do it too.
- Planet Fitness practically gives away their gym memberships at just $10/month. They’ve got what you need to get your gym on around the clock.
- Benchmark Fit Club is a small gym offering personal training and group fitness. Great people and lots of personal attention.
- Running for Kicks is a shoe store for runners owned and operated by runners. They’ll hook you up with the best shoes for your feet.
- Pret is our go-to for super-fast, super fresh carry out lunches. Go with one of their salads for your daily dose of greens.
- Protein Bar is a favorite spot for a morning smoothie or a quick lunch. Try the spinach and pesto quinoa bowl.
- Panera can be hit or miss on their salads but they get an A for effort in terms of using quality ingredients in their foods.
- Onnit makes some really great foods and fitness gear. We’re hooked on Hemp Force for out post-workout protein shakes and the Primal Bells and Zombie Bells are just really cool.
- Two Fold makes awesome granola and nuts. Pistachio Granola and Savory Nuts are two of our favorites.
- Mark Bars are another Chicago original. Great pre or post-workout or just for a snack. Honey Almond is really tasty.
- Nuun makes water better. Drop a tab into your water bottle to rev up your hydration. Grape and tropical are just two of their delicious flavors.